To create a product for sale you must first have an active vendr account. Use the following steps to create a simple product:
- Login to the Store Manager (you can also use the My Access > Manage My Store link from the top menu)
- In the Store Manager select Products from the left menu
- Add New
- In the Add Product Screen ensure Simple Product is selected
- IMPORTANT – For items such as Restaurant Menu Items or Services select Virtual
- For all other items leave Virtual, Catalog and Downloadable Unselected
- Give your product a title (e.g. Genuine Leather Red Bag)
- Include the Price (this is the regular price) and if the item is On Sale then Include the Sale Price, otherwise leave this blank.
- Enter a Short Description (e.g. Hand stitched Genuine Leather bag available in red color and on sale)
- A description is not needed but advised.
- Select an appropriate category for your product
- Upload an image by clicking on the larger image place holder (this image should be either 1024×768 px or 800×600) in jpeg, jpg, or png format. Choose an appropriate high quality image that represents your product – presentation is everything.
- If you have multiple images for your product then select the smaller image placeholder and upload it in the same size as specified above. It is recommended that you add 4 additional images per product in order to properly populate the image gallery.
- Add a tag for your product (e.g. Ladies Bags). Keep your tags standard and relevant to the product
- Catalog Visibility: Leave as default if you want your product to appear on the site as normal. If you wish to keep it hidden ( for example it is no longer in stock or off the menu) – then select “Hidden”
See “Inventory” for details on SKU, Managing Stock and Selling products individually